Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Face Behind The Mask - Helen Phifer



Kindle Edition

Publisher: HQ

Published: 14/04/17

Pages: 224

Amazon Uk Link: Here

GoodReads Link: Here

Given for an honest review via Netgalley


The Blurb

he greatest show on earth may pose the greatest danger…
1950: Tufty the clown is a circus favourite, drawing fans from miles around. But behind the painted white face, the upturned red lips and bouncy wig, there lurks something far more sinister…

Present Day: When Walter discovers an old clown suit, he finds himself inexplicably drawn to it. Putting on the suit feels electric, but that’s when the voices in his head get louder, and suddenly, he finds himself acting in ways he never would have imagined.

Police officer Annie Ashworth is enjoying her maternity leave spending time with baby Alfie. Until there is a new serial killer on the loose in Barrow, which might explain the cold presence she senses in her house. She’s sure a spirit needs to be put to rest, and she’s always been right in the past. But who is the man in the mask who haunts her nightmares? And why is he wearing a clown suit…

My Thoughts

Hard for me to review this book as I didnt realise it was part of a series and so as I started reading I felt like I had just walked into a party late without a clue who was who, what had happened or why. The first few chapters had so many names and people and references to other stories that I lost interest pretty quickly. Also didnt realise it was a paranormal story, which in my opinion very rarely make good books.

Obviously this is down me not reading the blurb or doing my research on the book before requesting.

Just not for me

No comments:

Post a Comment