Monday, May 23, 2016

Book 33 - Death Do Us Part by Steven Dunne



Kindle Edition

Cost: Netgallery

Publisher: Headline

Release date: 05/05/16

Amazon uk link: Here

Goodreads Link: Here


The Blurb

Even death cannot part these couples . . .
DI Damen Brook is on a rare period of leave and determined to make the most of it by re-connecting with his daughter Terri. But with her heavy drinking proving a challenge, Brook takes the opportunity to visit a local murder scene when his help is requested.
An elderly couple have each been executed with a single shot to the heart and the method echoes that of a middle-aged gay couple killed the previous month.
With the same killer suspected and the officer currently in charge nearing retirement, Brook knows that he has little choice but to cut short his leave when forced by his superiors to take the lead on the case.
Brook believes that he can catch this ruthless killer, but already distracted by Terri's problems, is he about to make a fatal mistake and lead the killer right to his own door?


My Thoughts

I have had Steven Dunnes’ The Reaper on my Kindle for a while, been trying to catch up on my Netgallery reviews, so I haven’t had time to read it. I saw Death Do Us Part on Netgallery and the publishers blurb really made me want to read it. I didn’t even realise it was by the same author until I started it and my god I wish I had read The Reaper earlier.

This book is amazing, absolutely amazing. The characters were strong, the storyline was engrossing and absorbing and it felt so real. The dialogue was just like being there; I felt a part of the book and really couldn’t put it down and didn’t want it to end. It took me to many places and emotions, I gasped out loud on more than one occasion.
A must read book.

Quote from Book

“I was an only child, like you, and it used to bother me until I worked out that all they wanted was a reaction. After that, I stopped reacting even when they badmouthed my parents. I never talked to them, never sought their friendship. Nothing. I wouldn’t give them the satisfaction. They loved to see me get angry and aggressive, but I soon realised that when that happened they laughed and taunted me all the more. That’s what they enjoyed. That’s when they won. So I ignored them until they got bored and moved on to someone else.”

Next Review - Play Dead - Angela Marsons

No comments:

Post a Comment